The British Chess Company (BCC) was founded by William Moffatt (1843-1918) and William Hughes and began manufacturing chess pieces in 1891, as an attempt to compete against Jaques of London. The BCC developed new manufacturing processes with new types of materials, such as celluloid for their chess pieces. In 1891, the BCC registered the design for two of their chess sets: the Royal Chessmen and the Imperial Staunton.
This is an extremely scarce set: BCC Staunton sets made from ivorine rarely come onto the market. Note the distinctive British Chess Company Knights.